Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dancing, Crafting, Reading, and Babbling

Tonight I am going to do something CRAZY. I'm going to a dance fitness class at the Soul Sister Studio. (If you follow that link, please note that I am not going to any class where the word "pole" is involved. I'm crazy, but not THAT crazy.)

I have been feeling for a while like my fitness needs a kick in the pants. I think dancing would be fun; dancing is one of the very few things I miss about the SCA. Naturally, it being summer, there aren't a lot of options right now for dance classes - when the new Leisure Guide comes out in the fall, I might find something more suitable. But I'll try this for now. In the back of my head, I have this goal of auditioning for a musical in the fall, so having some dance/movement/co-ordination skills practice in the meantime may be helpful. One of the things I'm most looking forward to about the class I'm attending tonight is that it's a drop-in class, meaning the students won't be expected to get better as time goes on with an eventual goal of performance. I can just keep spazzing out, maybe learn something, have some fun, and hopefully lose a pound or two.

+++++++++++++++

I spent over 90 minutes last night working on Chris's birthday card. That is definitely a record for me. I really enjoyed the project and can see how papercrafting would be very rewarding. I'm going to keep working on it. Thanks to last night's efforts I have a list of supplies/tools I'd like to obtain over the next several months. Speaking of crafting, I also need to turn the giant pile of felt I bought in January into an Advent calendar at some point. Will I do it this fall, meaning Gwen could potentially "use" it this Christmas? Or will I wait till next fall (or the one after), meaning Gwen could potentially aid in its creation? Hmmm.

+++++++++++++++

I have an ad on Nanaimo Kijiji right now looking for casual babysitters for Gwen. So far we've had three respondents. And this Sunday at church I was introduced to a young woman I'd seen there a few times - it turns out she's a part-time nanny, and yes, she's interested in more work. I am pleased. It would be great to have a list of people to call on when I need to run toddler-free errands, or when we want an evening out. Especially since my in-laws are going to Europe in the fall and we are going to need some other options available!

Just knowing that I have care available, I have been able to schedule three appointments I'd been frustratingly forced to delay until now: my doctor, my financial planner, and my eye exam. My eyes are very, very tired from reading (whether page or screen) for 8-12 hours a day.

+++++++++++++++

Chris and I have been working our butts off to get ready for our upcoming trip to the family cabin in Powell River. It has been a huge amount of planning and preparation. Hopefully things will all come together and things will go smoothly while we're away - it's supposed to be a vacation, after all.

+++++++++++++++

I joined this incredible site called Goodreads.com and you should all join it too, and then friend me so we can share book recommendations.

1 comment:

Surprised Suburban Wife said...

SO JEALOUS that you have a cabin in Powell River. I'm sure it will be worth all the planning.

And ... an ad on kijiji for a babysitter = brilliant!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails