Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trial Run

In all the birthday hullaballoo I didn't have a chance to mention that on Friday I took Gwen to Denise's place (her new daycare provider) and left her there for about an hour and a half. I had my cell phone with me and Denise had promised to call if anything went wrong. I did some errands, including exchanging my last $5 for a Midnight Truffle Blizzard on the recommendation of my best friend (YES) and waited anxiously for the phone to ring. It never did. Gwen did really well - not a fuss, not a cry.

When I went to get her she was just finishing lunch. Denise commented, "She's not a picky eater, is she?" Um, yeah, NO. "I would have had her cleaned up and ready to go, but she just kept signing more, please," Denise continued. Reportedly, Gwen had pasta and bread and fruit for lunch. I was amazed as Gwen did not have pasta sauce in her hair. That Denise knows what she is doing.

Tomorrow is my first day back to work, and Gwen's first full day in Denise's care. I am working very hard - and mostly succeeding - at not being anxious about this. As in all things, I just need to believe in the amazing Gwen and her well-adjusted ways. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails