Monday, February 16, 2009

Meeting Gwen

When I changed the date on the perpetual calendar today, "February 16" rang a bell. It kind of nagged away at the back of my mind on and off all day. Finally this evening on the way home from yoga I remembered what that date meant. It was exactly one year ago today that we had our 3D ultrasound and learned that Gwen was Gwen (not Nathan).


(I love how she's looking so patient here, just floating around in the amniotic fluid waiting to be born.)




I must have looked forward to February 16 last year with so much anticipation and eagerness that the date got stuck inside my brain forever!

Sometimes I really miss having her inside me. She's growing so fast now, exploring the world and becoming less mine every day. But the joy of seeing the wonders of life through her eyes make it more bearable that she isn't all mine any longer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails