Thursday, November 6, 2008

The only time I'll be posting a picture of myself in a bathing suit

Yesterday was Gwen's third time at the pool. She loved it! She stayed happily in the water for about an hour, long enough that her feet were wrinkly when we got out. She kicked and splashed and bounced and jumped and played with the other babies and just had an awesome time.

Here she is in the lobby of the rec complex as we wait for the pool to open.


And here she is in her adorable bathing suit, doing a stomach crunch (which she does nearly constantly), before going in.



And here we are in the pool.


On the way home from the pool, despite me singing the Stay Awake song (lyrics below) and poking Gwen repeatedly in the head, she fell fast asleep in her carseat. Then Chris carried her up to her room (still in the carseat) and she slept for two hours straight.

Our swimming lessons start in two weeks. I'm looking forward to learning more about what to do with her in the water, since she is enjoying it so much.
Edit: Damn! I forgot to put the lyrics of the Stay Awake song. And no one even noticed, which I guess means no one really reads this thing anyway. Oh well, here are the lyrics of the Stay Awake song, sung to the tune of "Alouette".
Gwen J. Buechler, Gwendolyn J. Buechler
Gwen J. Buechler, stay awake!
Stay awake in the car ... though we're driving pretty far.
In the car, driving far, ahhhhhh..... (repeat)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I can't wait to hear how Gwen likes the swimming lessons!

Doing the under water thing is a little nerve racking at first (at least it was for me!). He coughed, sputtered and swallowed 6 gallons of public pool water.

Now, he is a pro and knows on "1, 2, 3" what to expect.

If you are nervous about the first time, you could always ask the instructor to do the first one. That's what I did :)

Amberism said...

hee! We're doing swimming on Saturdays with the kids until December. I love that Claire loves it, but man, do *I* hate it.

Callum's class is hilarious. 4 two-year olds declaring "NO" for half-an-hour. It cracks me up every week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails