Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Big Trip

I don't think I've gotten around to mentioning it here yet, but tomorrow marks yet another first in this motherhood journey. Chris, Gwen, and I are driving up Island and taking the ferry to Powell River to visit with my parents as well as my sister and her kids who are meeting us there. On Tuesday night, there will be a baby shower. More importantly, on Monday afternoon Chris will be leaving me alone with my baby. Well, not alone exactly as I'll be surrounded by family, but still. I am a tad nervous - Chris is the one who is really good at swaddling and soothing Gwen to sleep.

If all goes as planned, you'll have a 4500-word birth story (in three parts) to read while I'm gone. And when I get back, holy crap, Gwen will be four weeks old. Time is already flying - the fact that I live from nap to nap and feeding to feeding probably has something to do with that.

Also when I get back, my mom is coming to stay for a few days and help out. Hooray!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails