Monday, September 17, 2007

More Ups than Downs

Pregnancy continues to be full of ups and downs, but more ups than downs right now I think.

Last week - week 6 - wasn't any easier physically, but I feel like I am getting used to the level of discomfort and finding a few ways to deal with it. There is still a lot left to do - for example, a friend suggested steeping ginger tea and adding just a touch to my water bottle to make hydrating easier throughout the day - but I'm getting there. I took some positive steps last week to help me feel more connected to this pregnancy, as well:

- Went to see my midwife
- Discussed my feelings with a friend who is also a midwife, who tells me everything I'm feeling is quite normal
- Bought a "Fit Pregnancy" magazine
- Took a belly picture

It may seem strange, but one of the things that is helping me feel better is looking at "The Amazing Floating Baby" and how much bigger and closer to human it looks this week. Arm and leg buds are growing, and you can see where the baby's eyes are going to be. Yesterday Chris kissed my belly and said, "I love you, Bean." That made me feel good.

Today is my birthday: I'm 32 years old. By my next birthday, I'll be a mom. Another positive thought: I'm just over 7 weeks today, which means the first trimester is halfway over.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails